HCAIL group photo at CSCW’23 in October 2023!
Welcome to the Human-Centered Artificial Intelligence Lab (HCAIL)! We are a research group in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Seoul. We enjoy working on the intersection of multiple domains:
Social Computing, and
Accessibility & Aging. We are pursing research in the combinations of the following directions:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Health Informatics
- Human-Computer Interaction
Our mission is to advance AI research through design and engineering to support individuals with special needs.
Interested in joining HCAIL as a MS or PhD student?
We have an opening position for a fully-funded MS and PhD student starting Fall 2024. Visit [석사과정/박사과정 모집공고]. Send your resume to me so that we can discuss about how to join HCAIL a MS or PhD student. For Fall 2024, we aim to admit up to 2-3 new MS or PhD students.
Interested in a research opportunity for undergraduate students?
Visit [학부연구생 인턴 모집공고] and send your resume to me if you are interested in a unique research intern opportunity. HCAIL is ready for maximizing your research potential during your internship.
|Congratulations! Hyunmin, SeungYoung and Yunseo won Encouragement Award at 서울시립대학교 실전문제연구팀 연구성과 공유한마당!
|Congratulations! Taewon and Hyunggu awarded Best Paper at HCI Korea 2024!
|Four papers were presented at HCI Korea 2024 in Hongcheon, Korea.
|Welcome! Yubin Kim joined HCAIL as a undergraduate research intern!
|Welcome! Dahyun Jeong joined HCAIL as a undergraduate research intern!
- CSCWToward Value Scenario Generation Through Large Language ModelsIn Companion Publication of the 2023 Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing, 2023
- CSCWVisualizing the Carbon Intensity of Machine Learning Inference for Image Analysis on TensorFlow HubIn Companion Publication of the 2023 Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing, 2023
- IUIWATAA: Web Alternative Text Authoring Assistant for Improving Web Content AccessibilityIn Companion Proceedings of the 28th International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces, 2023
- IUIPORDE: Explaining Data Poisoning Attacks Through Visual Analytics with Food Delivery App ReviewsIn Companion Proceedings of the 28th International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces, 2023
- IUIToward Keyword Generation Through Large Language ModelsIn Companion Proceedings of the 28th International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces, 2023
- CSCWExploring the Community of Model Publishers on TensorFlow HubIn Companion Publication of the 2022 Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing, 2022
- ECSCWToward an AI-assisted Assessment Tool to Support Online Art Therapy Practices: A Pilot StudyIn Proceedings of 20th European Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work, 2022
- CSCWExploring the Experiences of Student Volunteer and Student Volunteer Chair Communities at Academic ConferencesProceedings of the ACM on Human-Computer Interaction, Oct 2021
- CSCWExploring the Experiences of Streamers with Visual ImpairmentsProceedings of the ACM on Human-Computer Interaction, Oct 2021
- IUIMonoPass: A Password Manager without Master Password AuthenticationIn 26th International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces-Companion, Apr 2021
- IUILectYS: A System for Summarizing Lecture Videos on YouTubeIn 26th International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces-Companion, Apr 2021
- JMIRA novel food record app for dietary assessments among older adults with type 2 diabetes: development and usability studyJMIR Formative Research, Feb 2021
- ASSETSExploring the community of blind or visually impaired people on YouTubeIn Proceedings of the 19th International ACM SIGACCESS Conference on Computers and Accessibility, Oct 2017
- CSCWPersonas and scenarios to design technologies for North Korean defectors with depressionIn Companion of the 2017 ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing, Feb 2017
- AMIADevelopment of a novel markov chain model for the prediction of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma disseminationIn AMIA Annual Symposium Proceedings, Nov 2016
- AMIANurse informaticians report low satisfaction and multi-level concerns with electronic health records: results from an international surveyIn AMIA Annual Symposium Proceedings, Nov 2016
- CHI’MASTerful’Matchmaking in Service Transactions: Inferred Abilities, Needs and Interests versus Activity HistoriesIn Proceedings of the 2016 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, May 2016
- AMIABiological Model Development as an Opportunity to Provide Content Auditing for the Foundational Model of Anatomy OntologyIn AMIA Annual Symposium Proceedings, Nov 2015
- SIGDOCDesigning tools to support advanced users in new forms of social media interactionIn Proceedings of the 33rd Annual International Conference on the Design of Communication, Jul 2015