Hyunggu Jung is an assistant professor of Computer Science and Engineering and an assistant professor of Artificial Intelligence at the University of Seoul and directs HCAIL. He was an assistant professor of Software Convergence at Kyung Hee University from April 2018 to August 2019. He received his Ph.D. in Biomedical and Health Informatics in 2017, under the supervision of Drs. Peter Tarczy-Hornoch and Mark Zachry, at the University of Washington School of Medicine. He received his B.S. in Computer Science and a minor in Business Economics from Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) in 2008, and his M.Math. degree from the University of Waterloo in 2010, under the supervision of Prof. Robin Cohen, and his M.S. degree with a Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) specialization from Stanford University in 2012. He is a recipient of the Korean Government Scholarship and Mogam Science Scholarship.
- Ph.D. Biomedical and Health Informatics, University of Washington School of Medicine, 2017
- M.S. Computer Science, Stanford University, 2012
- M.Math. Computer Science, University of Waterloo, 2010
- B.S. Computer Science with a minor in Business Economics, KAIST, 2008
- Department Chair, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Seoul, Seoul, Korea from Mar. 2021.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Artificial Intelligence, University of Seoul, Seoul, Korea from Aug. 2020.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Seoul, Seoul, Korea from Sep. 2019.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Software Convergence, Kyung Hee University, Yongin, Korea from Apr. 2018 to Aug. 2019.
- Predoctoral Research Associate, Division of Biomedical and Health Informatics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA from Sep. 2014 to Dec. 2017.
- Research Intern, Computer Science Lab, PARC, a Xerox Company, Palo Alto, CA from Jun. 2015 to Sep. 2015.
- Research Intern, Natural Interaction Research Group, Microsoft Research, Redmond, WA from Jun. 2013 to Sep. 2013.
- Research Assistant, Stanford Center for Biomedical Informatics Research, Stanford University, Stanford, CA from Sep. 2010 to Aug. 2011.
- rch Assistant, Artificial Intelligence Research Group, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON, Canada from Sep. 2008 to Aug. 2010.
- Chair, ACM SIGCHI Korea Local Chapter 2022-Present
- Associate Chair, ACM CSCW 2021-Present
- Local & Finance Chair, SIGCHI Korea Local Chapter Summer Event, 2022
- Officer, ACM SIGCHI Korea Local Chapter 2018-2022
- Associate Chair, ACM CHI 2021 Late-Breaking works track
- Assistant Editor, MedInfo Editorial Team 2017
- Co-organizer, Workshop on Social Media for Older Adults 2016
- Web Chair, ACM ICMI 2015
- Student Volunteer, ACM CHI 2015-2018
Honors & Awards
- Korean-American Scientists and Engineers Association (KSEA) & Korea-U.S. Science Cooperation Center (KUSCO) Scholarship, 2015.
- The Korean Computer Scientists and Engineers Association Scholarship, 2014.
- Korean Government Scholarship, 2012-2014.
- Mogam Science Scholarship, 2012.
- Best Project Award, CS247@Stanford, 2012.
- KAIST Humanity Scholarship, 2008.
For more information, visit Dr. Jung’s personal website.